Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Get to know your Aga .....


Yesterday I had a lovely drive through West Berkshire and into Hampshire to visit someone who has recently moved into a house with a brand new 3 door electric Aga.

If you haven't owned an Aga before, they can be quite imposing and scary, and you can convince yourself (or well meaning friends do) that you won't ever be able to cook on the thing!

I've had an Aga for 10 years, my Mum and my Grandma also had Agas.  I could never not own an Aga now, I love how easy they are to use, how delicious the food is - particularly roasts and cakes and how they really do become the heart of the home.

I've put together a 1 hour introduction to Agas.

I visit you at home, and I show you how to use the Aga, talk you through the various ovens and hot plates, discuss how to look after and clean it, talk about which books are worth buying and look at equipment such as pans, trays and racks and advise you on any new items you need to buy.

I leave you with a booklet full of tips on how to cook the Aga way, how to master a variety of foods such as your root vegetables, roast potatoes, meringues, rice, roasts and even popcorn!

There is some more information on the Treetops website



No comments: